Pick up the Skills You Need to Confidently Challenge Vocational Experts
Vocational experts are the lynchpin in determining a client's earning capacity. Not knowing the best methods to challenge their testimony can lead to uncertain futures for your clients, not to mention potential hits to your professional reputation. This intensive legal guide will give you an insider's look at how vocational experts determine earning capacity. It will also provide you with practical skills you can use to challenge their findings and provide claimants with the future support they need. Register today!
- Get into the minds of vocational experts - know what they look for in case files and testimony.
- Understand how vocational experts use age, health, transferability of skills and other factors to determine earning capacity.
- Confidently cross-examine vocational experts and know what you should say to cast doubt on their findings.
- Use government research, employability opinions and other tools to challenge the opinions of vocational experts.
All times are shown in Eastern time
Presenters: Briant Mildenhall and Dr. Silvio S. Reyes Ph.D.
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- The Role of a Vocational Expert and Case Evaluation
- Law of Earning Capacity and Cases
- Using the Vocational Report to Build Your Claim
- What Vocational Experts Look for in a File and Testimony
- Factoring Age and Health
- Financial Documentation Needed
- Transferability of Skills
- Constructing the Career Path
12:45 PM - 2:15 PM
- Vocational Expert Testimony
- Challenging the Expert's Qualifications and Methodology
- Trial Testimony
- Cross Examination
- Effectively Using VE Methodology and Data Sources
- Using Government Research
- Employability Opinion
This focused legal course is designed for attorneys.