Skillfully and Ethically Handle the Collection of Attorney Fees
Are you prepared to handle the obstacles that arise in the setting and collecting of attorney fees? This insightful course will walk through the different ways to set up a fee agreement without facing an ethics violation. Ensure you have covered all of your bases for ethically collecting attorney fees - register today!
- Discuss which legal fees may be considered excessive.
- Review potential traps that may arise in first party collection - and how to avoid them.
- Learn how and when to withdraw representation when a client can't pay attorney's fees.
Session Time: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern
Presenter: James D. Blume
- What Fee Agreements are Ethical Violations?
- Contingency vs. Flat Fees
- Excessive Legal Fees - How Much is too Much?
- IOLTA Accounts
- Simultaneous Negotiation of Damages and Fees
- Traps to Avoid in First Party Collection
- Collecting Fees Through a Third Party
- Fee Dispute Resolution Programs
- Attorney's Liens and Suing for Fees
- Right to Withdraw Representation When Your Client Can't Pay
This legal ethics course is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit from attending.