This course will acquaint you with the precautions that both you and your employer must take in order to safely use, handle, and dispose of hazardous chemicals in the workplace. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements. Learner objectives are to identify the routes of chemical entry into the body, define various categories of chemical hazards, interpret warning labels, interpret information commonly found in a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), and identify types of controls commonly used to reduce or eliminate contact with hazardous materials in the workplace.
This course was edited and updated by New Level Safety Limited a professional services company specialising in corporate health and safety management. Please note, the course materials and content were current with the laws and regulations at the time of the last expert review, however, they may not reflect the most current legal developments. Nothing herein, or in the course materials, shall be construed as professional advice as to any particular situation with respect to compliance with legal statutes or requirements.Learning Objectives
- Identify the routes of chemical entry into the body
- Identify the definitions of various categories of chemical hazards related to sickness or injury
- Identify the terms associated with the physical hazards of chemicals
- Interpret information found on chemical warning labels
- Recognize key concepts about Safety Data Sheets
- Recognize the appropriate controls for reducing or eliminating contact with hazardous materials in the workplace