Understand how Planning for Retirement and Disability Benefits Fits into Estate Plans
With the Silver Tsunami gaining momentum, the importance of public benefits eligibility cannot be overstated. Often planning for Medicaid and other benefits can seem in conflict with the traditional estate planning goals. This focused program examines how the two can be reconciled and used for the benefit of the client. Refine your estate planning skills - register today!
- Get a refresher on the eligibility requirements for Medicaid and other common public benefits.
- Learn how to make the best use of Social Security Retirement benefits.
- Forecast the effects of public benefits planning on probate.
- Get guidance on incorporating benefits planning into the estate plan.
Session Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern
Presented by: Rabea Taylor
- Needs-Based Benefits and Their Eligibility Requirements (Medicaid, Veterans' Benefits, SSI, etc.)
- Planning for Long-Term Care
- When Public Benefits Planning and Estate Planning Priorities Clash
- Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans
- The Effect of Public Benefits on Estate Administration
- Incorporating Public Benefits Planning into the Overall Estate Plan
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits - When to Claim Them
This legal course is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, estate planners, life care planners, paralegals.