This course includes Cisco Training Exclusives
EXCLUSIVE TO GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE - Accelerate your Cisco learning experience with complimentary access to the IT Skills Video On-Demand Library, Introduction to Cybersecurity digital learning course, course recordings, IT Resource Library, and digital courseware.
The DCVAI - Implementing Cisco Data Center Virtualization and Automation course is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP Data Center certification and for professional-level data center roles. The focus of this skills-building course is on the implementation and deployment automation of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and Cisco Nexus switches. The course provides rich hands-on experience in building a data center solution based on Cisco ACI. Learners are introduced to the automation capabilities offered by Python and RESTful APIs in combination with Cisco ACI and Cisco Nexus switches.
You’ll master the professional-level skills and technologies needed to implement Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), virtualization, and automation of data center operations.
- Describe two primary features to logically separate a physical switch.
- Describe the Nexus 1000 virtual switch.
- Describe programmability options on Cisco NX-OS.
- Describe CLI features that simplify configuration management.
- Use different scripting tools available with Cisco NX-OS.
- Introduce the high-level concepts and describe the different fabric discovery parameters for Cisco ACI.
- Create tenant-based policies for bare metal hosts.
- Describe the integration of VM Manager Domains with Cisco ACI.
- Describe how Cisco ACI supports multitier applications.
- List Cisco ACI monitoring capabilities.
- Describe Cisco ACI programmability and orchestration.
- Describe vPC-based aggregation and availability.
- Describe Cisco AVS, distributed firewall, and micro-segmentation.
- Describe packet flows within the Cisco ACI.
- Describe integrating Cisco ACI with external Layer 3 networks.
- Outline the integration options with external Layer 2 networks.
- Describe how L4–L7 services are inserted into the Cisco ACI fabric and how traffic is subsequently redirected.
Module 1: Infrastructure Virtualization Implementation
- Lesson 1: Configuring Logical Device Separation
- Lesson 2: Configuring Virtual Switching Technology
Module 2: Cisco NX-OS Configuration Automation
- Lesson 1: Implementing Configuration Programmability
- Lesson 2: Implementing Configuration Profiles
- Lesson 3: Using Scripting Tools
Module 3: Application-Centric Infrastructure Overview
- Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco ACI
Module 4: Cisco ACI Building Blocks and Application Policies
- Lesson 1: Building Tenant-Based Policies with Bare-Metal Hosts
- Lesson 2: Describing VMM Domain Integration
- Lesson 3: Multitier Applications in Cisco ACI
Module 5: Cisco ACI Manageability and Programmability
- Lesson 1: Monitoring and Managing Cisco ACI
- Lesson 2: Describing Cisco ACI Programmability and Orchestration
Module 6: Cisco ACI Enhanced Features
- Lesson 1: Describing vPC
- Lesson 2: Deploying Cisco AVS
Module 7: Cisco ACI Networking
- Lesson 1: Describing Packet Flow Internal to the ACI Fabric
- Lesson 2: Describing External Layer 3 Network Integration
- Lesson 3: Describing External Layer 2 Network Integration
- Lesson 4: Configuring Service Insertion and Redirection
- Network Designer
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Consulting Systems Engineer
- Technical Solutions Architect
- Cisco Integrators/Partners