There is a science behind communication, including how we react neuro-physiologically to others – their actions, words, tone, and body language. You can develop skills in connecting with others so that your communication intention is clear and understood. There's also an art to communication, allowing your authentic self to shine through and allowing the exchange with another person to unfold naturally. Interpersonal communication is complicated: there's more than just one conversation happening. There is what you're thinking and saying as well as what your audience is thinking and saying. This course will teach you the art and science of communication by discussing how to connect with your audience and how to enhance and strengthen that connection as you communicate.Learning Objectives
- Identify situations that benefit from sharing communication responsibility
- Recognize behaviors that promote making connections with people
- Identify ways to show interest when communicating with others
- Categorize questions that help to strengthen a communication connection
- Identify the basic principles of assertive communication
- Recognize ways of connecting with your audience
Individuals who want to improve their interpersonal communication skills.