Painkiller Regulations, Liability Risks and Recent Developments
America's opioid epidemic has led to a massive spike in drug overdose deaths, and rising concern has prompted new regulations at federal and state levels. In this program, seasoned faculty will help you navigate painkiller laws, regulations and liability risks for doctors, manufacturers, pharmacists, employers and insurers. Build your understanding of regulatory and liability issues surrounding prescription painkillers - register today!
- Delve into DEA and FDA regulations for prescription painkillers.
- Determine the standard of care for prescribing opioids.
- Assess liability for drug companies, pharmacists, employers and insurers.
- Uncover the latest developments and case law in this rapidly-changing area.
Session Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Susan B. Ramsey
- Painkiller Classifications, Uses and Complications
- Opioids/Narcotic Pain Medications
- Controlled Substances Act, DEA and FDA Regulations
- Standard of Care for Prescribing Opioids
- Doctor Liability for Overprescribing or Misprescribing
- Drug Company and Pharmacist Liability
- Employer and Workers' Compensation Provider Liability
- Recent Developments and Case Law
This program is designed for attorneys. Medical professionals, insurance professionals and paralegals may also benefit.