Successfully Obtain, Interpret, Authenticate and Present Medical Records
Our experienced faculty will teach you how to get the medical records you need and read between the lines for a treasure trove of information. Brush up your understanding of medical abbreviations and terminology so you can better interpret records and work with medical experts. Learn how to effectively get medical and billing records into evidence and skillfully use them. Dig through medical data for the key to advancing your case and use medical evidence strategically in your practice - register today!
- Learn how to obtain medical records, ensure they are complete and glean essential information from them.
- Find out how to effectively authenticate and admit medical and billing records.
- Gain strategies and best practices for record keeping and retention policies.
Session Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern
Presented by Jennifer Crisera and Karin Mitchell
- Medical Records and the Law: A Brief Introduction
- HIPAA and Other Privacy Considerations
- Record Keeping and Retention Requirements
- Entries in Medical Records: Legibility, Signatures, etc.
- Record Access Requirements: Patients, Attorneys, etc.
- Medical Record Discoverability and Admissibility
- Electronic Record Issues
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals and medical professionals may also benefit.