Get Answers to Your Most Complicated Title Questions
Spot and fix complicated title commitment issues, read land surveys, resolve title defect complexities and handle other title problems in this focused, 6-hour title due diligence program. Avoid or troubleshoot title due diligence complications and get your questions answered - order today!
- Explore an array of title difficulties - from everyday frustrations to more unique scenarios.
- Spot and fix complicated title commitment problems.
- Enhance your survey reading skills and get solutions to survey-related complications.
- Find out what to do with sticky liens, defective documentation and ownership discrepancies.
- Learn how to overcome critical issues in quiet title actions.
- Guard clients from land use problems and environmental hazards.
10:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- Spotting and Fixing Complicated Title Commitment Issues
10:00 - 11:00, Duane H. Wunsch
- Schedule A Inaccuracies and Errors
- Resolving Schedule B-I Issues
- Corporate Entity Sellers: Verifying Authority
- Schedule B-II: Eliminating Standard Exceptions
- Reading Land Surveys: Spotting Issues That Put Ownership in Question
11:15 - 12:15, Duane H. Wunsch
- Types of Surveys: Is the Correct One Being Used?
- Boundary Line Errors and Inaccuracies
- Legal Description Discrepancies
- Encroachments: Ensuring They Don't Create Issues
- Easement and Access Issues
- Top Strategies for Resolving Survey-Related Issues
- Resolving Title Defect Complexities
12:15 - 1:15, Kate Marlin
- Ownership Discrepancies
- Defective Documentation
- How to Handle Various Kinds of Unreleased Liens
- Unreleased Mortgages
- Legal Issues with Affidavits as a Means to Resolve Title Issues
- Quiet Title Suits as a Means to Resolve Title Problems
1:45 - 2:15, Kellee P. Dunn-Walters
- Investigative Strategies
- Title Complaint and Service of Process Issues
- Evidentiary Complications in Quiet Title Litigation
- Hearing, Settlement and Trial Tips
- Sticky Land Use, Zoning and Environmental Issues
2:15 - 3:15, Kellee P. Dunn-Walters
- Land Use Complications
- Verifying Zoning Requirements
- Variances, Special Use Permits and Changes in Zoning
- Environmental Site Assessments & Quantifying Environmental Liabilities
- Environmental Cleanup Problems
- Allocating and Minimizing Risks
- Handling Other Title Difficulties
3:30 - 4:00, Kate Marlin
- Transactions with Legal Entities, Fiduciaries, Powers of Attorney, etc.
- Increase in Value of the Property
- Manufactured Homes
- Legal Ethics Challenges
4:00 - 5:00, Kellee P. Dunn-Walters
- Conflicts of Interest Problems
- Attorneys' Fees
- Applying the Duties of Competence and Diligence
- Liability in Title Examination
- Disclosure of Defects
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals and title agents will also benefit.