Manage Risks and Ensure a Smooth, Expeditious Development Process
Real estate development is on the rise, and it's projected to increase under the new administration. Are you prepared to handle the numerous roadblocks and risks new clients face in development and construction projects? In this program, seasoned attorneys will give you practice pointers and best practices for overcoming challenges in key facets of real estate development. Help clients accomplish their goals without the costly delays and legal troubles - register today!
- Uncover hidden hazards at all phases of the development process - from initial planning to finalization.
- Identify and resolve complications in site control and acquisition.
- Ensure bulletproof provisions in real estate development and construction contracts.
- Prevent delays - gain effective strategies for obtaining the necessary permits and approvals.
- Help clients make the most of governmental and traditional financing options.
- Anticipate construction project pitfalls and discover effective ways to minimize risk for clients.
All times are shown in Eastern
- Overcoming Site Control and Acquisition Difficulties
11:00 - 12:00,
Ann K. Chandler
- Business Deal Ins and Outs: Ensuring Understanding
- Identifying - and Mitigating - Potential Roadblocks
- Corporate Entities: Structuring to Avoid Disputes
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Title Due Diligence
- Ground Leasing: Determining Pros and Cons
- Working With Government Agencies and the Community: Advanced Strategies
12:15 - 1:00, Ann K. Chandler
- Overcoming Community Opposition
- Public-Private Partnerships: Effective Use
- Resolving Zoning Issues
- Annexation and Subdivision Difficulties
- Obtaining Key Permits and Approvals
- Advanced Transactional Documents: Ensuring They Fit Business Objectives
1:00 - 2:00,
Benjamin D. LaFrombois
- Letters of Intent
- Purchase Agreements
- Option Agreements
- Ground Leases
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Handling Project Finance and Tax Complexities
2:30 - 3:30, Benjamin D. LaFrombois
- Loan Documentation Essentials
- Maximizing Capital Gains
- Infrastructure Financing
- Minimizing Income Tax Issues
- Construction Loans
- Agreements With Investors
- Construction Project Pitfalls and Solutions
3:30 - 4:15, John T. Banjak
- Construction and Design Contract Issues and Answers
- Changed Condition Claims
- Construction and Design Defects
- Mechanic's Lien and Bond Claims
- Default and Termination
- Advanced Property Sale and Leasing: Pre and Post-Completion
4:30 - 5:00, Ann K. Chandler
- Ethical Considerations
5:00 - 6:00,
John T. Banjak
- Rules of Professional Conduct
- Conflicts of Interest
- Protecting Confidentiality
- Legal Malpractice
This program is designed for attorneys. Developers, lenders, investors, brokers and paralegals may also benefit.