Update Employee Handbooks in Light of Recent Legal Changes
With employment laws, court rulings and administrative decisions in a constant state of flux, having an up-to-date handbook is imperative. Keeping pace with rapid changes in the employment law arena can be daunting however, and you may miss important details if you try to do it on your own. This essential guide provides the latest handbook updates your clients need all in one place. Use the latest changes in the law to ensure employee handbooks maximize legal protections - register today!
- Ensure handbooks properly take the latest FLSA updates into account.
- Update or add must-have policies concerning legalized marijuana, LGBT individuals, workplace bullying and more.
- Spot dangers in boilerplate handbook language before they turn into legal liabilities.
Session Time: 2:00 - 3:30 Eastern Time
Presenter: Kristin L. Oliveira
- Handbook Style: Does it Fit the Workplace?
- Revising the Old vs. Starting Anew
- FLSA and Wage and Hour Policies
- Retaliation Provisions
- FMLA, Leave and Attendance Issues
- Marijuana, Opioids and More
- LGBT Issues
- Social Media and Computer Access
- Workplace Safety and Bullying
- Boilerplate Language Dangers
This informative course on the latest updates employee handbooks need is for attorneys. HR professionals, accountants and paralegals may also benefit.