Practical Medicaid Planning Tools You Need to Know and Use
For most Americans, Medicaid is the only way to afford nursing home care. Sadly, many don't apply for fear of leaving their healthy spouses penniless. This focused guide explores the key strategies and resources you can use to help your married clients protect their family assets and ensure a reasonable standard of living for those spouses staying at home. Make the best use of all the resources available - register today!
- Clarify what spousal protections are built into the Medicaid eligibility criteria.
- Explain how CSRA and MMNA work and make certain your clients use it correctly.
- Lay to rest your clients' fears about family home.
- Learn what protections from Medicaid estate recovery are afforded to surviving spouses.
Session Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Ann L. Fowler-Cruz
- Medicaid Spousal Protections: What Can the Healthy Spouse Keep?
- The CSRA (Community Spouse Resource Allowance) in Detail
- Preparing for the "Snapshot" Date
- Hardship Waivers
- MMNA (Minimum Maintenance Needs Allowance) and How it Can be Raised Beyond Federal Level
- Protected Marital Assets
- Homestead Issues
- Protections for Surviving Spouses of Medicaid Recipients
This incisive Medicaid program is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, financial planners, paralegals, nursing home administrators, and other professionals.