Prevent Problems Down the Line with Superior Skills
Do you have a solid foundation of knowledge in title law? Are you confident in handling any complications that may arise? This comprehensive seminar will give you the title law fundamentals you need to make title problems a non-issue in your business. Our expert faculty will take you through the title examination process, so you can identify potential problems before they arise. Don't miss this opportunity to build your skills. Register today!
- Gain strategies and techniques for overcoming common and not so common obstacles to obtain marketable title.
- Keep your practices current with a review of current trends and developments in real estate conveyances.
- Navigate the title examination process with ease using forms, practice tips and procedural pointers from experienced practitioners.
- Don't let common title issues derail your transaction: learn to identify and overcome title issues.
- Learn how to overcome title defects such as homestead and statutory rights, heir's deeds, and defects in execution.
- Elements incorrect or missing in documentation? We'll show you what you can do.
- Gain practical tips on drafting and negotiating title insurance policies.
- Learn how to handle voluntary and involuntary title transfers with ease.
- THE LAW OF REAL ESTATE TITLES
9:00 - 10:15, Edward M. Rosenblatt
- The Background of Real Estate Titles
- Current Issues in Conveyancing Practice
- Typical and Atypical Liens and Encumbrances
- THE PROCESS OF TITLE EXAMINATION
10:30 - 11:45, Steven H. Winkler
- Forms, Practice Pointers and Procedures
- Finding and Resolving Issues Through Examination of the Records
- Defects in Execution
- Homestead and Statutory Rights
- Heir's Deeds
- Missing or Incorrect Elements in Documents
- Old Roads and Old Subdivisions
- Examination of the Title Report
- ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS
11:45 - 12:45, Steven H. Winkler
- Attorneys' Fees
- Conflicts of Interest
- Multiple Representation
- Disclosure of Defects in Property
- PREPARING THE TITLE OPINION AND ISSUES IN TITLE INSURANCE
1:45 - 3:00, Lisa Lugauskas
- Organizing and Analyzing Information
- What is Marketable Title?
- Introduction to Title Insurance
- Drafting and Negotiating Title Insurance Policies
- ALTA Owner's and Lender's Title Insurance Policies
- Availability of Expanded Coverage Policies Provided by ALTA
- The Role of the State
- Governmental Control
- TRANSFER OF TITLE
3:15 - 4:30, Lisa Lugauskas
- Voluntary Transfers
- Legal Requirements for an Effective Conveyance
- Types of Deeds
- Involuntary Transfers
- Foreclosures of Mortgages or Deeds of Trusts
- Mechanics' Lien Foreclosures
- Foreclosures of Tax and Other Liens
- Adverse Possession
- Reversion of Title
- Forfeitures of Title
- Private Covenants and Restrictions
This nuts and bolts, basic level seminar will provide a good foundation in title law for the following:
- Title/Abstract Practitioners
- Real Estate Professionals
- General Practitioners