A Real-World Guide to Handling Dog Bite Cases
This nuts-and-bolts legal program will provide you with a specialized set of skills for handling dog bite cases from initial fact gathering to trial. Effectively pin down liability, determine damages, use the discovery process to build your case and pick up case resolution tips. Don't miss this opportunity to obtain practical insights, pointers and sample forms that will give you a leg up on your next case - order today!
- Know what to look for in police reports and animal control records.
- Calculate damages and assess different sources of insurance coverage for dog bites.
- Discover where to find a good expert to support your case.
- Evaluate the efficacy of various defenses in dog bite lawsuits.
- Receive trial tips that will pave your way to a more favorable verdict.
1:00 pm to 2:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Linda L. Chezem
- Investigating the Scene, Police Reports, Animal Control Records, etc.
- Questions to Ask Witnesses and the Owner
- Determining Liability; Dog's Propensities and Owner's Negligence
- Medical Records/Damages Analysis and Insurance Coverage for Dog Bites
- Finding Good Canine Trainers/Behavior Experts
- Applying Defenses in a Dog Bite Injury Lawsuit
- Sample Discovery Requests and Deposition Questions
- Voir Dire/Jury Selection: Exposing Biases Towards or Against Dogs
- Witness and Exhibit Pointers for the Dog Bite Trial
This program is designed for attorneys. Insurance professionals and paralegals may also benefit.