Delve Into the Legalities and Liabilities of Festivals
From contracts to intellectual property to permits/licenses and liability concerns, the festival industry is brimming with legal issues. Do you have the knowledge to effectively advise clients on this distinctive area of law? In this program, our seasoned faculty will share their insights and explore the must-know legal essentials of festivals and events. Don't miss this unique opportunity to expand your knowledge and client base - register today!
- Understand the legal landscape for festivals: the rules, regulations, current trends and issues.
- Anticipate liability concerns, insurance options and risk management best practices for festivals.
- Dig into the effectiveness of liability releases and waivers.
- Review sample festival contracts and must-have provisions to protect clients' best interests.
- Learn how to help clients obtain the necessary business permits and licenses.
- Advise clients on law enforcement issues, including ejection policies, drug issues and more.
Session Time: 3:00 - 4:30 PM Eastern
Presenters: Derek Holland and Thomas R. Leavens
- Anatomy of a Festival, Rules, Regulations, Current Trends and Issues
- Planning for Celebrities and Beyond, Talent Buying and Programming
- Taking a Look Into the Business Legalities, Liabilities and Risks
- Deciding on a Business Structure
- Sample Festival Contracts and Agreements (Sponsors, Staff and Talent)
- Intellectual Property Implications
- Law Enforcement Issues, Ejection Policies, Alcohol and Drug Issues, Termination of Rights and Related Issues
- Permits, Licenses, Releases and Waivers
- Insurance Considerations, Harm Reduction, Safety and Security Issues
This primer on festival law is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit.