Get More Out of Every Claim by Tapping Into the Insights of Veteran Attorneys
Most insurance adjusters are successful negotiators who know how to minimize the value of a claim. How do your negotiating skills stack up? Do you know how to deftly counter tricky adjuster arguments and tactics? In this program, seasoned attorneys will help you better understand what goes on behind the scenes of insurance claims and teach you real-world strategies for maximizing claim value. Refine your skills - register today!
- Discover what factors matter most to adjusters when determining the value of a claim.
- Explore how first vs. third party claims are handled.
- Learn how to make your demand letters stand out from the many others insurance companies receive.
- Delve into the various negotiation styles and tactics adjusters use to pay claimants less.
- Obtain creative tips and tactics for maximizing client compensation and satisfaction.
- Recognize mistakes attorneys make that insurance companies love to exploit.
- Spot insurer misconduct and know what legal remedies are available to claimants.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- How Insurance Companies Evaluate Claims: Insider Insights
10:00 - 10:45, Scott R. Halloin
- What Insurers Are Looking For
- Factors Adjusters Consider (and Which Matter Most)
- Claim Valuation Software
- First Party vs. Third Party Claims
- Setting Reserves to Pay Claims
- How to Get the Reserve Set as High as Possible
- What the Perfect Demand Looks Like
10:45 - 11:15, Charles D. Schmidt
- Finding Policy Limits
- Coming to the Perfect Number for Your Demand
- Buzzwords and Language That Strikes the Proper Tone
- Making Your Demand Letters Stand Out
- Helping Develop the Damages Claimed
- Negotiation Styles and Techniques Used by Insurance Companies
11:30 - 12:15, Charles D. Schmidt
- Types of Insurers, Adjusters and Their Negotiating Styles
- Understanding What Motivates Adjusters
- Common Adjuster Arguments, Tactics and Ways to Counter Them
- Dealing with Aggressive/Difficult Adjusters
- Finding the Adjuster's Settlement Authority
- Going Beyond the Adjuster's Settlement Authority
- Creative Negotiating Tactics to Get What You Want
12:15 - 1:15, Robert J. Kasieta
- Building Rapport with Adjusters
- Practical Tips for Building Leverage
- Finding a Negotiating Style That Works
- Sophisticated Negotiation Tactics
- Addressing the Weak Points of Your Case
- The Art of Bargaining
- Dealing with Impasse: Restarting Stalled Negotiations
- Making the Most of Mediation and Arbitration
- How to Not Leave Money on the Negotiating Table: Mistakes to Avoid
1:45 - 2:15, Robert J. Kasieta
- When Insurers Cross the Line
2:15 - 3:45, Robert J. Kasieta
- What Adjusters Do vs. Don't Have a Right to Receive
- Lack of Insurer Information and Cooperation
- Reservation of Rights Letter Requirements
- Examinations Under Oath
- The Insurer's Use of Experts
- Key Signs of Misconduct
- Bad Faith Conduct: How Bad is Bad Enough?
- Maintaining an Ethical Practice
4:00 - 5:00, Scott R. Halloin
- Attorneys' Fees
- Preserving Confidentiality
- Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
- Negotiating Ethically
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.