Clarify the Coverage Limits and Eligibility Requirements
Whether you specialize in elder law, estate planning, Medicaid, disability, workers' compensation, or personal injury, you'll need to know how disability benefits are calculated and obtained to make sure your client receives all the help available. This focused comparative analysis reviews the coverage and eligibility details of Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability programs. Understand the law behind SSI and disability benefits and the interplay of these benefits with the client's other sources of income - register today!
- Clarify the operative terms and concepts of the practice.
- Explore key steps of the application process and claim evaluation.
- Determine how veterans benefits and retirement income interact with SSI and SSDI.
- Understand how an injury settlement can jeopardize a client's disability benefits and how to prevent that.
1:00 pm to 4:15 pm Eastern Standard Time
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm, Debra S. Shifrin
- Who and What is Covered
1:00 - 1:30
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)/Title XVI Benefits
- SSDI/Title II Benefits
- Definition of "Disability": The 5-Step Sequential Evaluation Process
1:30 - 2:00
- SSI Criteria, Countable Resources and Income, and Application Process
2:00 - 2:30
2:45 - 4:15, David Spunzo
- SSDI Eligibility and Claim Procedure
2:45 - 3:30
- How SSI and SSDI Interact with Other Government Benefits
3:30 - 4:15
- Widow(er) Benefits and Retirement Benefits
- Early Retirement
- Veterans Disability
- Unemployment Benefits
- Workers' Compensation
This focused legal guide will benefit attorneys. It may also benefit accountants, social workers, estate planners, and paralegals.