Practical Solutions to Common Legal Ethics Conundrums
Daily legal practice often poses legal ethics questions not taught in law school. This course compiles the top current challenges attorneys face in protecting their professional reputations and offers practical solutions you can apply immediately. Our experienced attorney faculty will help you get the tools you need to do the right thing without fear of disciplinary action or litigation. Enroll today!
- Learn how to identify red flags to avoid accepting "problem" clients.
- Discover and avoid hidden conflicts of interest.
- Find out how to properly handle case delays.
- Clarify allowable and prohibited conduct in social media.
- Protect client confidentiality in online communications and in data storage.
- Forestall allegations of client fee trust mismanagement with our best practices guide.
Session Time: 1:00 - 2:00 PM Eastern
Presenter: Ronald L. Richter Jr.
- Conflicts of Interest
- "Spot the Client" - Identifying Potential Conflicts
- Representing Multiple Clients
- Conflicts of Interest with an Attorney in the Same Firm
- Past Client Conflicts
- Case Delays and Insufficient Client Communications
- Legal Ethics of E-mail
- Texting, Online Chat, "Friending" Clients on Facebook
- Managing Client Expectations
- Notifying Court of Date Changes and Requesting Extensions
- Confidentiality and Data Security
- Confidentiality Tips for Mobile Attorneys
- Cloud Storage and File Sharing
- Ethics Online Generally and in Social Media Specifically
- Legal Ethics of Attorney Presence Online
- Blawgs and Directory Listings
- Q&A Forums (Does it Constitute Legal Advice?)
- Social Media Use
- Attorney Fees and Client Trust Accounts
- Referral Fees
- Co-Counsel Fees
- Liens on Deferred Fees
- Interest on Client Trust Accounts
This legal ethics course is designed for attorneys.