Effectively Handle These Costly and Complicated Cases
Divorce cases involving a doctor or physician are procedurally handled in the same manner as a standard divorce - they are, however, more complex and time consuming. Are you prepared to handle the advanced financial issues that may include costly student loans, investment accounts and the medical practice itself? This course will guide you through the circumstances unique to these cases so you can confidently handle your next case. Register today!
- Learn how to obtain all pertinent financial information upfront.
- Review the unique considerations that must be factored in while valuing a medical practice.
- Discuss how a doctor's unique work schedule can contribute to the determination of parenting time.
- Examine large income guidelines for child and spousal support.
Session Time: 2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Scott J. Brook
- Obtaining Financial Information Upfront
- Setting the Stage for the Settlement Through Temporary Orders
- Preparing for Spousal Maintenance
- Valuing the Medical Practice - Equipment and Business Partnership
- Dividing Debts - Medical School and Student Loans
- Determining Parenting Time - Unique Considerations for the Doctor's Work Schedule
- Calculating Child Support - Large Income Guidelines
This course is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit from attending.