An Information-Packed Guide to Creating Public Ordinances
Do you need to draft public ordinances but don't know where to start? Or are you well-versed in creating legally-sound regulations, but you just need a brief refresher? In this concise yet comprehensive guide, our experienced faculty will guide you through the essential considerations you need to keep in mind when drafting public regulations and ordinances. They'll walk you through the ins and outs of constitutional concerns, proper structure, showing legitimate purpose and more. You'll leave with the tools you need to create finely crafted ordinances that withstand legal scrutiny - register today!
- Skillfully draft land use regulations, sign ordinances, protest rules and more.
- Lay solid foundations for regulations - show legitimate government purpose while protecting constitutional rights.
- Ensure ordinances fulfill their stated purpose - avoid ambiguous language that creates more questions than answers.
Session Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Andrew T. Fede
- Laying Solid Foundations for Ordinances and Regulations
- Identifying the Authority for the Provision
- Showing Legitimate Government Purposes
- Constitutional Rights: Ensuring They Aren't Infringed Upon
- Watch Out for Preemption
- Crafting Ordinances: Ensuring They Fulfill Their Stated Purpose
- The Structure of a Well Written Ordinance
- Using Plain Language
- Avoiding the Danger of Vagueness and Ambiguity
- Ensuring Regulations Provide Proper Standards
- Drafting Tips for Specific Ordinance Types: With Examples
- Land Use and Zoning
- Sign Regulations
- Protests and Political Speech
- Telecommunications Ordinances
This program is for attorneys. Government officials and paralegals may also benefit.