Confidently Tackle Title and Conveyancing Challenges Head-On
Transferring title from seller to buyer may seem straightforward, but the devil is all too often in the details that lie buried in deeds, legal descriptions, title commitments and more. Are you equipped to handle the top title conveyancing challenges that come across your desk? This essential guide will highlight the top issues that cause even experienced attorneys to slip up. You will get the information you need to handle title objection frustrations, boundary line impediments, co-owned property headaches and more. Register today!
- Object to critical title red flags, and craft objection letters that get your point across.
- Correct mistakes that get deeds rejected and ensure your client is not left high and dry.
- Handle top challenges with co-owned real estate, including division and dissolution.
- Know what to do when encroachments and other boundary issues threaten marketable title.
- Overcome critical title issues related to deceased owners and estates.
- Do your homework and ensure the purchase agreement doesn't affect title conveyancing.
- Title Objections: When They Should and Shouldn’t be Made
9:00 - 9:45, Macy D. Hanson
- Title Commitment Analysis: The Top Things You Must Object To
- Land Surveys: Spotting the Obvious - and Not-so-Obvious
- Crafting Objection Letters the Right Way - With Examples
- Clearing Up Old, Recurring Title Objections
- Issues for Sellers - Clean Commitment but Buyer Objects, etc.
- Title Objections and Inheritance/Gift Transfers
- Deeds: Avoiding Rejection and Other Challenges Down the Road
9:45 - 10:45, R. Bradford Jones
- Different Deeds, Different Protections - Choosing Wisely
- Legal Description Errors and Omissions - Recognizing and Rectifying
- Granting Clauses and Conveyance Language - Avoiding Errors
- Reservations and Exceptions - Potential Pitfalls
- Deed Rejection - Top Mistakes and How to Correct Them
- Deeds and Divorce - Quitclaim Deeds and More
- Co-Owned Property and Title: Ensuring Proper Execution, Division and Dissolution
11:00 - 12:00, Macy D. Hanson
- Traditional Types of Co-Ownership - How They Go Wrong
- Forming LLCs to Purchase Real Estate
- Joint Ownership Agreement Drafting and Review
- Creating Tenant in Common Arrangements (TICs)
- Dividing Co-Owned Real Estate
- Partition Actions and Other Methods to Force Sales
- Boundary Difficulties and Title Conveyancing
1:00 - 1:45, Macy D. Hanson
- Boundary Disputes and Real Estate Title Challenges
- Boundary Title Policy Exceptions: Getting Them Deleted
- Encroachments: What to do When They are Detected
- Curing Ingress Headaches: Shared or Private Driveways
- Handling Vague Easements and Problematic Covenants
- Resolving Waterfront and Recreational Property Issues
- Creating Boundary Agreements and Other Essential Fixes
- Probate Problems and Title Transfers: Addressing Critical Concerns
1:45 - 2:30, R. Bradford Jones
- Marketable Title - Are All Probate Documents There?
- Undisclosed Heirs - Ensuring None Remain
- Creditor Issues - Unpaid Claims and More
- Handling Tax-Related Issues
- Conveyance by Trusts - The Top Issues
- Conveying Title Without Probate - Avoiding Headaches
- Real Estate Contracts and Conveyancing: Handling Top Deal-Breakers
2:45 - 3:30, J. William Williams
- Purchase Contract Requirements - Are They Being Met?
- Meeting Lender Requirements Before Closing
- Pre-Closing Inspections and Other Requirements
- Finalizing Due Diligence Within Contract Deadlines
- Covenants That Restrict Competing Uses
- Issues With Commercial Properties - Rents, Utilities, Tax Info, etc.
- Ethical Dilemmas and Title Practice
3:30 - 4:30, J. William Williams
- Conflicts of Interest
- Disclosure of Defects in Property
- Liability in Title Examinations
- Proper Communication to Clients
- Attorneys' Fees
This intermediate level seminar is designed for:
- Real Estate Professionals
- Title Professionals
- Settlement Agents
- Lending Professionals