Troubleshoot Construction Contract Change Difficulties with Confidence
When construction contracts change, your client is all too often left on a narrow ledge that separates profit from loss. With changes such as these potentially putting the very survival of their business on the line, they need an attorney who can protect them from financial catastrophe. Don't be caught unprepared when changes rear their ugly heads. Attend this critical guide to overcoming contract change difficulties so you can give your clients the peace of mind they need to keep projects on track - and to keep money in their pockets. Register today!
- Handle changes that arise from defective plans, differing site conditions, non-conforming work and more.
- Know how the newest AIA contract updates affect changes - and what you can do to protect your clients.
- Obtain the keys to resolving disputed change orders before they blow up into a larger battle.
Session Time: 2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern Time
Presenter: Mark R. Becker
- Common Law Elements of Changes
- What Constitutes a Change?
- Documentation of Changes and Undocumented Verbal Changes
- Changes Under the New AIA A201 2017 General Conditions
- Changes Due to Defective Plans and Specifications
- Changes Because of Differing Site Conditions
- Changes Because of Non-Conforming Work
- Change by Outside Forces: Market Shifts, Zoning Issues, etc.
- Cumulative Impact of Change Orders, and Change Order Impact Costs
- The Keys to a Successful Early Resolution of Disputed Change Orders
This program on construction contract change difficulties is for attorneys. Construction professionals and paralegals may also benefit.