Solutions for Top FMLA, ADA and Workers' Comp Leave Challenges
Intermittent FMLA leave is a recurring headache for many employers. Knowing when to recertify, how to verify with healthcare providers and the best ways to investigate why employees need it are all delicate legal questions that must be handled with care. Don't make mistakes that cause expensive lawsuits. This essential teleconference is jam-packed with practical how-to's on how to handle FMLA leave conundrums - in addition to confusing ADA questions and workers' compensation leave concerns. You'll leave better equipped to handle challenging issues that come your way - register today!
- Know the best methods to send FMLA leave notices, recertify conditions, verify intermittent leave and more.
- Determine when it is best to use light duty work and other alternatives to FMLA leave.
- Avoid the specter of retaliation claims when handling workers' compensation leave.
Session Time: 3:00 - 4:30 PM Eastern Time
Presenter: Steven E. Clark
- Sending FMLA Notices: Which Method is Best?
- When to Recertify Conditions
- Investigating Employee Absences: Social Media and Other Tools
- Verifying Intermittent Leave With Healthcare Providers: HIPAA Concerns, etc.
- Alternatives to FMLA Leave: Light Duty Work and Other Considerations
- ADA Questions: When is Leave a Reasonable Accommodation?
- Workers' Compensation Leave and Retaliation Claims
- Best Practices for FMLA and Other Medical Leave Policies
This informative program on challenging employee leave questions is for attorneys. HR professionals, accountants and paralegals may also benefit.