In business analysis, there is no prescribed route to take. Each project, task, or process initiative is different, and every environment you work in is different. Therefore, it's essential you map out your business analysis approach based on the elements concerning your particular project, environment, and organization. It's equally important to clearly determine who your stakeholders are, who is responsible for what, and how much effort will be required for project deliverables.
This course provides an overview of planning a business analysis approach, using techniques like the decision analysis approach, process modeling and structured walkthroughs as prescribed in A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) – Version 2.0 by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®). This course also provides an overview of conducting a stakeholder analysis, including techniques such as RACI matrices and stakeholder maps. Finally, techniques for planning business analysis activities such as estimating required efforts are introduced.
This course provides a foundational knowledge base of business analysis information so learners can effectively put principles to work at their own organizations. This course will assist in preparing the learner for the IIBA®’s Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) certification exam.
IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK®, and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by the International Institute of Business Analysis.Learning Objectives
- Identify business analysis approaches
- Identify the inputs of planning a business analysis approach
- Recognize the elements for planning a business analysis approach
- Recognize the techniques that can be used in planning a business analysis approach
- Choose the best business analysis approach in a given scenario
- Recognize the inputs and elements of conducting a stakeholder analysis
- Recognize the role of stakeholder in a stakeholder analysis
- Identify the process modeling technique
- Recognize how to use the RACI matrix technique
- Recognize how to use stakeholder map technique
- Assign R A C I to stakeholders in a given scenario
- Identify what is involved in planning business analysis activities
- Identify the inputs to planning business analysis activities
- Recognize the elements of planning business analysis activities
- Recognize the techniques that can be used for planning business analysis activities
- Identify the stakeholders' role in planning business analysis activities
- Recognize the features of the business analysis plan
- Estimate the amount of business analysis work that will be required on a given project