identify the steps for ensuring an Oracle Database 11g database is available to users when needed, by monitoring its performance, anticipating and avoiding database failure, setting up instance recovery options, and creating backups.Learning Objectives
- Performance Monitoring - identify the steps for monitoring and analyzing performance, managing memory, and troubleshooting invalid objects that affect performance.
- Oracle Database Failure Types - recognize ways to anticipate and avoid various types of failure that can occur in Oracle Database 11g.
- Instance Recovery - recognize the process used to configure an Oracle Database 11g database for instance recovery.
- Backup Solutions - recognize the features of different backup strategies you can employ in Oracle Database 11g.
- Managing Backups with RMAN - recognize the steps for using RMAN to configure, schedule, manage, and view backup operations.
- Managing Performance, Recovery, and Backups - resolve performance issues, prepare the database for recovery, and perform a database backup in a given scenario.