The Latest Look at the Medicaid Programs, Eligibility Requirements, and Planning Tools
Staying up to date on all the latest rules and legal tools used to help your elderly clients plan for long term care is an enormous task. As their counsel, you need to fully understand the Medicaid eligibility requirements to achieve your clients' goals, avoid penalties and conserve assets where possible. This timely course will give you a condensed summary of the relevant rules changes and planning tools updates to keep you at the cutting edge of the practice. Register today!
- Get an up-to-date review of Medicaid eligibility rules: categorical, resource, and transfer.
- Hear the latest on the veteran benefits changing eligibility rules.
- Learn what's new in caregiver agreements and how it affects Medicaid planning.
- Find out how ABLE accounts and SNTs can be used to enhance LTC planning.
Session Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Barry K. Jones
- Medicaid Programs and Funding - Federal Legislative Update
- Medicaid Eligibility Requirements and Planning Strategies - What Still Works
- Veterans' Benefits and Proposed New Eligibility Requirements
- Caregiver Arrangements and New Compensation Rules
- Financial Powers of Attorney (POAs) and Guardianships - What's New?
- Advance Medical Directives
- Elderly Neglect/Abuse/Financial Exploitation Reporting
- Special Needs Trusts and ABLE Accounts
This timely program is geared towards attorneys. Accountants, estate and financial planners, trust officers, tax professionals, nursing home administrators, and paralegals may also benefit from attending.