Are You Ready for the Big Changes?
With CMS expanding MSP compliance for personal injury claimants, it's more important than ever to ensure full compliance to avoid exposure from Medicare for claim-related, post-settlement medical expenses. In this program, faculty will detangle the latest publications, guidance and regulations regarding MSAs so you can remain up to date and prevent problems for you and your clients. Don't miss this opportunity - register today!
- Delve into the latest requirements, case law and other developments in this rapidly-changing area.
- Anticipate when an MSA is required and learn how to calculate the amount to be set aside.
- Learn how MSAs will be reviewed and how to prepare proposals that demonstrate a consideration of Medicare's claim.
Session Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: James K. Theisen
- New Publications, Guidance and Regulations
- Recent Case Law and Enforcement Efforts by CMS
- Procedural Overview and Changes
- Mandatory Reporting Requirements
- When is a Medicare Set-Aside (MSA) Required? Evaluating Future Medical Needs
- How CMS Prices MSAs: Determining an Appropriate Allocation
- What Records CMS Requires and How Medicare Reviews MSAs
- Preparing LMSA Proposals for CMS (and Getting Them Approved)
- Medicare Set Aside Funding and Administration
- Sample Medicare Set Aside
This program is designed for attorneys. Insurance professionals and paralegals may also benefit.