Overcome Critical Real Estate Closing Process Problems
When it comes to timely real estate closings, the clock starts ticking as soon as the contract is signed. Don't let title problems, environmental issues or closing process mistakes delay transactions or destroy deals. Attend this comprehensive overview of the top closing process challenges so you can overcome critical issues that put real estate transactions in jeopardy. You'll strengthen your skills and become your client's best asset when they need you the most - register today!
- Spot key real estate contract sticking points that delay closings or worse.
- Resolve title and survey problems before they turn into expensive title insurance claims.
- Confidently handle appraisal and valuation disagreements that throw transactions into question.
- Fix last-minute closing table problems that spell disaster.
- Confidently handle final recording problems and other post-closing difficulties.
- Get up to speed on RESPA updates that create new compliance challenges.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- Purchase and Sale Agreements: Key Sticking Points
10:00 - 10:45, Brad L.F. Hoeschen
- Title, Surveys and Title Insurance Problems
10:45 - 11:45, Brad L.F. Hoeschen
- Title Report and Commitment Conundrums
- Reading Complex Payoff Letters, Title Searches, Tax Searches, Surveys and Other Data
- Problems with Insured Closing Letters
- Resolving Breaks in Chain of Title
- Unresolved Probate Issues
- Liens and Mortgage-Related Defects
- Easements and Encroachments
- Legal Description Errors
- Strategically Employing Title Insurance Endorsements
- Appraisal, Environmental and Closing Package Complications
12:00 - 12:45, Kimberly Jackson
- Issues Coordinating a Settlement Date and Items Commonly Forgotten
- Appraisal and Valuation Disagreements
- Environmental Hitches
- Land Use and Zoning Complications
- Complications with the Closing Package
- Settlement Statement Issues
- Circulation of Documents for Approval Prior to the Closing
- Closing Process Pitfalls and Hitches
1:15 - 2:15, Brad L.F. Hoeschen
- Real-World Closing Nightmares: What Can Go Wrong and How
- Settlement Agent Problems
- Last Minute Issues at the Closing Table
- Complications with Commercial Closings
- Errors in Documents and Recording Issues
- Problematic Parties
- Seller Wishes to Withdraw From the Sale
- Issues with Funds; Hitches with Deposits, Disbursements and Holdbacks
- Post-Closing Difficulties
2:15 - 3:00, Kimberly Jackson
- Problems with Final Recording Information or Certificate from Attorney
- Post-Closing Title Search Complications
- Releases of Pre-Existing Liens
- Policy Preparation Glitches
- Issues Preparing and Returning the Closing Package to the Lender
- Recent RESPA Changes: Challenges of Compliance
3:15 - 4:00, Steven J. Vatndal
- RESPA Beyond TRID
- Legal Ethics: Applying the Rules to Real-World Dilemmas
4:00 - 5:00, Steven J. Vatndal
- Identify the Client - Joint Representation
- Identify the Scope of Representation
- Good Faith In Contracts - Disclosure of Property Defects
- Relationships With Title Insurance Companies
- Trust Accounts
- Changing Expectations Because of Technology
This program is for attorneys. Real estate professionals and paralegals may also benefit.