Are your PowerPoint presentations lacking the polish or punch you’d like them to have? Our Intermediate PowerPoint training class lets you take your PowerPoint skills to the next level, enabling you to make more complex, interactive, and engaging presentations. This course will give you the ability to create presentations that will be more visually appealing and impactful when giving a presentation. The course provides ample interactive activity, allowing you to be sure that you have mastered each lesson.
Training Class Goal
Students exiting this class will learn the skills to create PowerPoint content for presentations. They will learn how to create consistent themes and color schemes, customize images with many unique tricks, and develop slides that will get the most audience retention. Students will understand more advanced slide formatting techniques and will learn to better use the master slide. They will learn to use more advanced techniques in working with pictures and SmartArt. More advanced presentation tools, provided in PowerPoint, will also be covered.
Students entering the Intermediate PowerPoint training course should have a general familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint, including adding slides, editing content, and working with graphics.
Creating PowerPoint Slides for Impactful Presentations
- The 5 step process to develop fast and professional PowerPoint presentations
- How to create dynamic slides for presentations
- How to create slides that increase audience retention and recall of content
- Best practices for powerful PowerPoint presentations
Slide Master and Theme Formatting
- Formatting the Slide Master
- Changing them colors
- Creating custom font themes
- Changing slide layouts
- Themes and colors for consistent and polished presentations
Pictures and Images
- The proper balance of images and text on a slide
- The best types of images to use
- Where to find images
- Inserting pictures
- Resizing and moving images
- Expanding parts of images
- Making collages of images look more consistent
- Modifying pictures with color and effects
- Adjusting image shading and color to best display text
- Using Blur effects for slide backgrounds
- Creating SmartArt displays of information
- Formatting SmartArt with color and shape effects
Using the mini slide-show window when editing
Working in Slide Sorter View
- Adding interactions with action buttons
- Creating links for more dynamic slide navigation
Completing the Presentation
- Running the presentation
- Linking slides
- Hiding slides
- Audience handouts – avoiding the slide deck print!
- Additional presentation tools
- Tips and tools for best running presentations
- Additional presentation techniques
Learn to go beyond the basics to build more complex and engaging presentations.