In this hands-on seminar, you’ll delve into the critical components of forecasting and build forecasts that help power the operations, finance, production, and planning functions in your organization.
You’ll master the key components and skills to create forecasts and learn to translate and appraise the forecasts of others. In addition, you’ll understand how to interpret the meaning of any forecast, whether it’s your own company’s or that of the competition. Whether you’re new or seasoned in forecasting and in need of a briskly paced refresher, this seminar will help you see into—and plan—your company’s future!
How You Will Benefit
- Gather the basic facts necessary to start building a forecast
- Learn limitations—what forecasts can and cannot do
- Choose the proper forecasting technique given available data and forecast goals
- Critique and interpret forecasts and their implications
- Utilize powerful MS Excel® tools—with uses transferable to other disciplines
- Master and use regression tools to make better forecasts
- Use Excel® tools to present forecast data to executive management
22.8 CCM, 1.8 CEU, 21 CPE, 22.8 CTP, 22.8 FP&A, 18 PDU
What You Will Cover
- Introduction to business forecasting
- Basic statistical techniques
- Forecasting techniques and methods
- Getting started: Making underlying assumptions
- Identifying data patterns: Exploratory analysis concepts
- Time series and their components
- The use of Excel® as your forecasting tool
- Forecasting performance measurements
- Simple and multivariate linear regression
- Summarizing and displaying data in Excel®
- New directions in financial forecasting
NOTE: Please bring a laptop equipped with Excel 2019 or 365 to this seminar.
Any financial professional who needs to create, maintain and improve the forecasting process at their company, as well as professionals in any function who must interpret, analyze and make decisions based on forecasts created by others.
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy. For Classroom, Live Online and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee. Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return or refund. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Please call us if you have any questions