Two new courses and corresponding exams, for Channel Partners, are being made available in conjunction with the Cisco Channel Partner Data Center program. The courses and exams are focused on Cisco unified computing infrastructure.
The exams are part the requirements for the Cisco Channel Partner Data Center program.
Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Infrastructure (DCIDUC) v6.0 is a two-day instructor-led course that focuses on data center design based on Cisco unified computing solutions. The course includes theoretical content, as well as design-oriented case studies and exercises. The course is designed to help students prepare for Cisco Channel Partner Data Center Program requirements and for professional-level data center roles.
The course includes information on designing data centers with Cisco components and technologies, including infrastructure design, compute connectivity design, and compute resource parameters design.
- Hardware and device virtualization
- FEX options
- Virtual networking and appliances
- Management and orchestration
- Cisco UCS C-Series and B-Series servers and use cases
- Fabric interconnect connectivity
- Hyperconverged and integrated systems
- Management systems, including Cisco UCS, VMware vCenter, and Cisco CloudCenter
- Hadoop, SAP HANA, and IoT on Cisco UCS
- Systemwide parameters
- Pools and policies for service profiles
- Network-specific adapters and policies
- Templates in Cisco UCS Manager
It is recommended that a learner have the following knowledge and skills before attending this course:
Implement data center networking (LAN and SAN)
Describe data center storage
Implement data center virtualization
Implement Cisco UCS
Implement data center automation and orchestration with the focus on Cisco ACI and UCS Director
Describe data center products in the Cisco Nexus and MDS families
- Pre-sales Engineer
- Data Center architect
- Systems Engineer
- Field Engineer
- Support engineer