This course includes Cisco Training Exclusives
EXCLUSIVE TO GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE - Accelerate your Cisco learning experience with complimentary access to the IT Skills Video On-Demand Library, Introduction to Cybersecurity digital learning course, course recordings, IT Resource Library, and digital courseware.
Using hands-on lab-based learning, this course takes you all the way from the basics of Python programming to the specific skills and tools needed to manage network devices en masse using programming and reduces implementation time for software-based technologies in a Cisco enterprise.
The course provides a comprehensive Python programming experience for Cisco networking professionals to automate and manage across the entire Cisco networking product line. With a focus on the Python programming language, you will learn to write, edit, modify, and expand complex Python scripts to utilize APIs and data models to effectively automate Cisco networking tasks throughout the enterprise. This will enable you to create and implement Python programming to automate configuration and operational needs in a Cisco enterprise.
- Write and test several functional Python scripts.
- Write, edit, modify, and expand complex Python scripts to utilize APIs and data models.
- Use the following APIs to automate configuration and management of Cisco networking devices:
- Use the YANG and MIT data models to read and manage objects to automate configuration and management of Cisco networking devices.
- Use the following DevOps / learning tools to enable efficient use of APIs and data models and effectively create Python scripts:
- IDEs for both Windows and Linux
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Linux VI Editor
- Lint tools for XML and JSON
- Visore for Cisco Data Center
- API Inspector for Cisco ACI
- YANG Validator
- Automate configuration of multiple Cisco devices.
- Fundamental Python programming
- Python data structure
- Using Python to read from and write to a file
- Python loops and conditional code
- Programming Python Functions
- Python Libraries, Packages, and Modules
- Integrated Development Environments
- Python code analysis and error handling
- Cisco-supported APIs and automation protocols
- Cisco IOS XE RESTCONF API
- Cisco IOS XE NETCONF API
- Cisco ASA REST API
- Cisco IOS XR NETCONF API
- Cisco Nexus NX-OS APIs
- YANG data model
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure
- Cisco ACI whitelists
- Extracting XML and JSON from the Cisco ACI
- Modifying the ACI policy with Postman and Python
- The Cisco ACI Visore tool
- Cisco UCS topology
- Configuring UCS with Python
Engineers who implement software-based technologies in a Cisco enterprise or configure/manage network devices.