A Practical Guide to Employee Internal Investigation Legal Issues
Internal investigations of employee misconduct are useful tools - but they must be conducted the right way in order to provide proper legal protections. In this essential legal overview of conducting employee internal investigations, our experienced attorney faculty will show you how to conduct airtight investigations that protect employers and get results. Ensure internal investigations preserve attorney-client privilege and minimize the chances of future lawsuits - register today!
- Ensure attorney-client privilege and the work-product doctrine are preserved while conducting internal investigations.
- Create legally defensible paper trails that fully document the rationale behind termination decisions.
- Strategically use the results of internal investigation in discovery, depositions and other litigation procedures.
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Shauna N. Correia
- How the Investigation Process Works: A Brief Overview
- Preserving Attorney-Client Privilege and the Work-Product Doctrine
- Conducting Investigations: Interviewing Key Parties
- Leaving Paper Trails That Document Actions and Reduce Liabilities
- Creating Investigation Final Reports
- Top Investigation Errors Plaintiff Attorneys Exploit
- Using Investigation Results for Discipline and Termination: Avoiding Future Issues
- How to Use Investigation Materials in Litigation
This program is for attorneys. HR professionals, accountants and paralegals may also benefit.