You Will Learn How To
After completing this course, you should be able to:
Who Should Attend
- Relate WebSphere Application Server to the WebSphere family of products
- Describe the features and standards in WebSphere Application Server V9
- Describe the use of WebSphere Application Server in cloud, hybrid cloud, and on-premises environments
- Describe the architectural concepts that are related to WebSphere Application Server
- Assemble and install server-side Java enterprise applications
- Use WebSphere administrative tools to configure and manage enterprise applications
- Use wsadmin scripting
- Configure WebSphere Application Server security
- View performance information about server and application components
- Troubleshoot problems by using problem determination tools and log files
This course is designed for administrators who configure and manage web-based applications on WebSphere Application Server. Web administrators, application developers and deployers, security specialists, and application architects can also benefit from this course.Course Outline
Important Course Information
- Course introduction
- WebSphere product family overview
- WebSphere Application Server architecture - stand-alone
- Exercise: Profile creation
- WebSphere Application Server administrative console
- Exercise: Exploring the administrative console
- Introduction to the PlantsByWebSphere application
- Application assembly
- Exercise: Assembling an application
- Application installation
- Exercise: Installing an application
- Problem determination
- Exercise: Problem determination
- Introduction to wsadmin and scripting
- Exercise: Using wsadmin
- WebSphere security
- Exercise: Configuring WebSphere Application Server security
- Exercise: Configuring application security
- Performance monitoring
- Exercise: Using the performance monitoring tools
- Course summary
Exam Entry Criteria
- Basic operational skills for the Linux operating system
- Administrative skills for a web server, such as IBM HTTP Server or Apache
- Basic understanding of cloud concepts, private, public, and hybrid clouds, and traditional on-premises environments
This course teaches you the skills that are needed to administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V9.
This release of IBM WebSphere Application Server provides enhanced support for standards (notably Java 7 EE), emerging technology, and a choice of development frameworks.
In this course, you learn how to configure and maintain IBM WebSphere Application Server V9 in a single-server environment. You learn how to deploy enterprise Java applications in a single computer configuration. In addition, you learn how to work with features of WebSphere Application Server V9, such as the wsadmin scripting interface, security, and performance monitoring.
Hands-on exercises throughout the course give you practical experience with the skills you develop in the lectures.
If a customer would like to cancel or transfer their course, they must notify Learning Tree prior to two weeks before the start date of the course or within seven days of registration. If a customer transfers to another course prior to two weeks before the start date or within seven days of registration of the course in which originally enrolled, 100% of any prepaid course tuition will be applied toward the course tuition for the subsequent course. If a customer needs to cancel an enrollment two weeks prior to the start of the class or within seven days of registration, we will refund 100% of any prepaid course tuition for that enrollment. If a customer does need to transfer or cancel a course within two weeks of the start date of the course or after seven days from the date of registration, a fee equal to 50% of the price of the course will be assessed for any standard attendances.
This course is designed for administrators who configure and manage web-based applications on WebSphere Application Server. Web administrators, application developers and deployers, security specialists, and application architects can also benefit from this course.