You Will Learn How To
Who Should Attend
- Describe the architectural concepts that are related to WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment
- Create a deployment manager instance
- Federate an application server to a cell
- Add a stand-alone application server to a WebSphere Application Server cell
- Cluster an application server within a WebSphere Application Server cell
- Configure WebSphere Application Server SSL security settings
- Deploy applications in clustered environments
- Describe the features of Intelligent Management
This course is designed for WebSphere administrators who have experience with stand-alone application server environments, and want to learn about creating and managing a federated environment.Course Outline
Important Course Information
- Course introduction
- WebSphere Application Server architecture: Federated
- Federating a cell
- Exercise: Configuring the lab workstation
- Exercise: Creating a federated cell
- Workload management
- Exercise: Clustering and workload management
- WebSphere security: SSL
- Exercise: Configuring SSL for WebSphere
- Overview of Intelligent Management
- Course summary
Exam Entry Criteria
- Basic operational skills for the Linux operating system
- Administrative skills for a web server, such as IBM HTTP Server or Apache
- Basic understanding of cloud concepts, private, public and hybrid clouds, and specifically traditional on-premises environments
- Completion of course WebSphere Application Server V9 Administration (WA590G) or WebSphere Application Server V9 Administration (ZA590G), or experience with WebSphere Application Server in a stand-alone environment
This course teaches you the skills that are needed to administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V9 in a federated environment.
This release of IBM WebSphere Application Server provides enhanced support for standards (notably Java 7 EE), emerging technology, and a choice of development frameworks.
Throughout the course, hands-on exercises and demonstrations reinforce lecture content. You gain practical experience with WebSphere Application Server V9 by completing tasks such as creating a deployment manager, federating a stand-alone application server, creating a custom profile, and clustering an existing application server.
If a customer would like to cancel or transfer their course, they must notify Learning Tree prior to two weeks before the start date of the course or within seven days of registration. If a customer transfers to another course prior to two weeks before the start date or within seven days of registration of the course in which originally enrolled, 100% of any prepaid course tuition will be applied toward the course tuition for the subsequent course. If a customer needs to cancel an enrollment two weeks prior to the start of the class or within seven days of registration, we will refund 100% of any prepaid course tuition for that enrollment. If a customer does need to transfer or cancel a course within two weeks of the start date of the course or after seven days from the date of registration, a fee equal to 50% of the price of the course will be assessed for any standard attendances.
This course is designed for WebSphere administrators who have experience with stand-alone application server environments, and want to learn about creating and managing a federated environment.