Stay Up to Date on the Latest Changes and Requirements
This practical Medicaid guide will give you the latest in eligibility requirements, effective planning techniques, and appeals approaches. Stay on the cutting edge of your practice - order today!
- Learn what's happening now with Medicaid on the federal and state levels.
- Protect your clients' assets with planning techniques that best match current regulatory climate.
- Navigate application and appeals procedures with ease.
10:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- Federal Medicaid Update, Current Programs, and Types of Benefits
10:00 - 11:00, Thomas J. Murphy
- Eligibility Update
11:15 - 12:15, Whitney M. Wilson
- Medical Necessity
- Financial Eligibility: Look-Back Requirements and Penalty Periods
- New and Obsolete Methods of Medicaid Planning
12:15 - 1:15, Whitney M. Wilson
- Transferring Assets
- Use of Promissory Notes
- Using Annuities to Qualify for Medicaid
- Medicaid Trusts: New Challenges and Opportunities
- Tax Consequences of Medicaid Planning
- Legal Ethics in Medicaid Practice
1:45 - 2:45, Thomas J. Murphy
- Who is Your Client?
- Client Mental Capacity Issues
- Attorney Fees and Engagement Agreements
- Effective and Ethical Client Communication
- Protecting Client Confidentiality
- Conflicts of Interest When Representing Couples
- Spotting and Preventing Elder Abuse
- Application and Appeals Update
2:45 - 3:15, Whitney M. Wilson
- Current Application Procedure
- Supporting Documents: What Works Now?
- Appeals and Resubmissions: Recent Trends You Need to Know
- Other Government Benefits Update and Their Impact on Medicaid Benefits and Eligibility
3:30 - 4:30, Whitney M. Wilson
- Medicare: Who is Covered? What are the Coverage Benefits?
- Medigap Policies: Coverage, Joining, Switching and Dropping
- VA Benefits and Application Procedure
- Disability Benefits
- Coordinating Benefits
- Recent Estate Recovery Efforts
4:30 - 5:00, Thomas J. Murphy
This timely Medicaid update is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, insurance professionals, estate planners, nursing home administrators, geriatric care managers, hospital and clinic administrators, and paralegals.