Effectively Argue Medical and Other Issues
Many workers' compensation claims are resolved quickly and without issue. But when the employer or the insurer disputes the validity of a claim, do you know what to do? In this focused program, seasoned faculty will teach you how to carry a contested workers' compensation case from the initial steps to discovery to a final and successful resolution. Get your clients the results they need - order today!
- Gain practical tips for deposing supervisors, treating physicians and other witnesses.
- Learn how to prove that the injury or disease is work-related and that medical treatment is needed.
- Uncover real-world strategies for negotiating with workers' compensation insurance carriers.
Session time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Benjamin Y. Gerber
- First Steps: When Employers and Insurance Carriers Deny/Reduce Benefits
- Discovery: Obtaining Accident Reports, Treatment Records and More
- Deposing Supervisors, Treating Physicians and Others
- Showing Injuries Took Place Within the Scope of Employment
- Demonstrating Medical Treatment is Needed
- Proving Maximum Medical Improvement Has Not Been Reached
- Returning to Work During a Litigated Claim
- Negotiating With Workers' Compensation Insurance Carriers
This program is designed for attorneys. HR professionals and paralegals may also benefit.