Purchase and Sale Agreements, Title Commitments, Loan Documentation and More
Real estate transactions are document heavy. From the purchase contract to title information to loan documentation and more, there's plenty to pore over - and plenty of things that can go wrong. Are you being thorough? This focused program will teach you how to review, draft and negotiate real estate transaction documentation so you can avoid issues, keep transactions moving and ensure the best deal for clients. Build your skills - order today!
- Learn how to effectively negotiate key sticking points of the purchase and sale agreement.
- Discover how to spot issues in legal descriptions and surveys.
- Take a closer look at the title commitment and exception documents.
- Prepare corrective documents to cure title defects and establish a proper chain of title.
- Review key provisions (and pitfalls) of real estate loan documentation.
- Avoid last-minute issues with a careful review of closing documentation.
10:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- Creating Letters of Intent and Purchase and Sale Agreements
10:00 - 11:15, Jon S. Robins
- Drafting the LOI and Confidentiality Agreement
- Laying Out the Parties and Property Description
- Establishing Purchase Price, Payment and Deposit
- Handling Contingency Clauses
- Negotiating Representations and Warranties
- Drafting Covenants and Conditions
- Indemnities for Buyers and Sellers
- Negotiating Default, Termination and Remedies
- Sample PSA and Ancillary Documents
- Legal Descriptions and Land Surveys: Reading and Issue Spotting
11:30 - 12:30, Kevin J. Dunlevy
- Dissecting Legal Descriptions
- Review of Sample Legal Descriptions
- How to Plot Legal Descriptions
- Applying ALTA/ACSM (NSPS) Standards
- Reading and Interpreting Surveys
- Sample Survey Review
- Reading Land Surveys and Legal Descriptions Together
- Examining Title Commitments and Preparing Curative Documents
1:00 - 2:00, Nathan G. Osborn
- Reviewing the Title Commitment
- Examining Exception Documents
- Negotiating Removal of Title Exceptions
- Using Corrective Deeds and Affidavits
- Drafting Easement and Boundary Line Agreements
- Preparing Releases of Liens
- Analyzing Leases and Other Due Diligence Resources
- Financing/Loan Documents: Sample Walkthroughs
2:00 - 3:00, Jon S. Robins
- How to Review Real Estate Appraisal Reports
- The Loan Application
- Reviewing Term Sheets and Commitment Letters
- Loan Documents: Reviewing & Negotiating Key Provisions
- Promissory Note
- The Loan Commitment
- Security Instrument
- Assignment of Leases and Rents
- UCC-1 Financing Statements
- Guaranty Agreement
- Environmental Indemnity Agreement and More
- Closing Documentation: Inspecting and Recording
3:15 - 4:00, Kevin J. Dunlevy
- Creating a Comprehensive Closing Checklist
- Reviewing and Fulfilling Escrow Instructions
- Examining the Closing Disclosure and Loan Estimate
- Other Closing Documents/Affidavits You Need to Cover
- Filing and Recording the Deed
- Recording Taxes - The Real Estate Transfer Tax Return
- Legal Ethics of Real Estate Transactions
4:00 - 5:00, Nathan G. Osborn
- Conflicts of Interest
- Disclosure of Defects
- Attorney Fees
- Document Retention and Recordkeeping
This program is designed for attorneys. Real estate professionals, title insurance agents and paralegals may also benefit.