How to Deliver Positive Feedback in Tough Conversations
For most managers, the toughest discussions of the year are coming up soon in the form of annual performance reviews.
Naturally, these sessions can lead many to feel uncomfortable.
The way you handle these conversations is even more difficult when you have to deliver feedback in this environment of economic uncertainty.
However, when conducted properly, these sessions provide you with a great opportunity to help your employees focus on their goals and boost their morale—while correcting flaws that can hold them back.
This 90-minute interactive webinar provides tested methods to help you prepare for and conduct these discussions in a way that invites balanced participation, stays true to your message, focuses on performance, gains acceptance, and reduces defensiveness.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the steps you can take and tactics to use to ease the complicated task of conducting effective performance review meetings, including:
- What to do to prepare your employee for the conversation
- How nonverbal clues can guide the conversation and reveal hidden thoughts
- Ways to deliver corrective feedback that inspires, motivates, and gets results
- Creation of an appropriate verbal and written record to insulate your organization from potential legal liability
- Specific advice for directing the conversation for an outcome whereby your employee leaves with a sense of fairness and commitment
- Join us and learn some practical tips on how to change performance reviews from a “fear session” to a constructive, on-the-level dialogue that will help you, your company, and your employees.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop plans for more effective employee performance reviews
- Identify key approaches to avoid problems during the appraisal process
- Understand the records that protect your organization against potential lawsuits
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your office without the need for travel costs and time.
Because the webinar is live, you can ask our expert questions via online chat during the program. In addition, your registration includes learning aids and other helpful materials that will be provided to you approximately one week before the program date via email. Please download and review the PDF files before the program.
In addition, paid registrants will have a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
This webinar offers continuing education credits to registered participants. To qualify for CEU credits, you must register for and attend the live event using your individual log-in ID for the full 90 minutes and participate in all of the polling exercises. Archived/On Demand webinars do not qualify for CEUs.
About the Presenters
Dr. Joseph Reed is a Master Trainer, an MBTI® Master Practitioner, a former Marine Corps Officer and University Faculty Member. He’s the CEO of J.R.Training and DrJosephReed.Com. His mission is to help people improve their effectiveness by providing simple truths, interpersonal tools and helpful mental maps. Dr. Reed has spent over twenty-five years working with both leaders and individual contributors to help them improve their abilities to get the right things done, enhance their working relationships and perform up to their potential. He has worked across a variety of industries with diverse organizations, including BBraun, Boston Scientific, Comcast, Hatch Mott MacDonald, Lafarge, Merck, Parexel, Pratt & Whitney, SAP and Siemens.
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy. For Classroom, Live Online and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee. Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return or refund. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Please call us if you have any questions