Explore Key Legal Questions and Answers
Is a property ordered on Airbnb considered commercial or residential? How are different cities regulating short-term rentals? What different enforcement mechanisms exist, and how effective are they? This program will provide answers to key legal questions surrounding short-term rentals so you can confidently advise your clients. Order today!
- Examine different cities' approaches to short-term rental ordinances, rules and regulations.
- Find out what works and what doesn't when it comes to enforcement mechanisms.
- Detangle liability and insurance coverage issues for injuries or property damage.
- Explore the legal issues that landlords, HOAs and condominiums associations are having right now.
3:00 pm to 4:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Richard J. Fox
- Introduction to Airbnb and VRBO
- Commercial or Residential? And Why it Matters
- Survey of Short-Term Rental Ordinances, Rules and Regulations
- Short-Term Rental Enforcement, Violations and Penalties
- Legal and Political Efforts to Challenge Short-Term Rental Laws
- Liability Issues and Insurance for Hosts
- Disability and Other Discrimination Concerns
- Landlord, HOA and Condo Association Issues
This overview of Airbnb and VRBO issues is for attorneys. Local government officials and paralegals may also benefit.