macOS Support Essentials 10.14 is a three-day course that teaches the best ways to support macOS Mojave users. The course includes lectures, demonstrations, group discussions, and hands-on exercises that provide real-world experience.
What you'll learn:
- How to use macOS Mojave tools and resources to troubleshoot macOS Mojave
- macOS Mojave features and functionality, including how to find more information
- How to prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.14 certification
This course is intended for:
- People who manage computer networks or computer labs that run macOS
- People who support Mac users
Installation and Configuration
- Update, upgrade, and reinstall macOS Mojave
- Set up and configure macOS on an individual Mac
- Introduction to the command-line interface and macOS Recovery
- Manage user accounts, user home folders, macOS security and password changes
File Systems and Storage
- Manage file systems, storage, encryption, permissions, and file sharing.
- Use hidden items, shortcuts, file archives, metadata, and Spotlight
- Manage system resources and Time Machine
Apps and Processes
- Install, manage, and troubleshoot apps. Manage documents
- Manage basic and advanced network settings
- Troubleshoot network issues
- Manage network services, host sharing, and a personal firewall
- Manage printers and scanners
- Troubleshoot peripherals, startup, and other system issues.
Cancelling an Open Enrollment Registration
If notice is given 15 or more calendar days before the start of a class, the student may receive a full refund less a $100 administrative fee. If notice is given less than 15 calendar days no rescheduling or efunds are permitted.
If notice Is given 15 or more calendar days before the start of the class a student may reschedule . A student can reschedule a class up to two (2) times. Additional reschedules will not be allowed.
No Shows if a student does not attend a scheduled session, there will be no refund or rescheduling permitted. Payment is forfeited. FMC reserves the right to cancel classes with insufficient enrollment or in other circumstances. FMC will endeavor to give as much advance notice as possible of any change to the schedule. FMC shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential loss arising whatsoever.