Through lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy the components of a secure GCP solution. Participants also learn mitigation techniques for attacks at many points in a GCP-based infrastructure, including Distributed Denial-of-Service attacks, phishing attacks, and threats involving content classification and use.
- Understanding the Google approach to security
- Managing administrative identities using Cloud Identity.
- Implementing least privilege administrative access using Google Cloud Resource Manager, Cloud IAM.
- Implementing IP traffic controls using VPC firewalls and Cloud Armor
- Implementing Identity Aware Proxy
- Analyzing changes to the configuration or metadata of resources with GCP audit logs
- Scanning for and redact sensitive data with the Data Loss Prevention API
- Scanning a GCP deployment with Forseti
- Remediating important types of vulnerabilities, especially in public access to data and VMs
Module 1: Understanding the Professional Data Engineer Certification
Establish basic knowledge about the certification exam and eliminate any confusion or misunderstandings about the process and nature of the exam itself.
- Position the Professional Data Engineer certification among the offerings
- Distinguish between Associate and Professional
- Provide guidance between Professional Data Engineer and Associate Cloud Engineer
- Describe how the exam is administered and the exam rules
- Provide general advice about taking the exam
Module 2: Sample Case Studies for the Professional Data Engineer Exam
In-depth review of the Case Studies provided for exam preparation
Module 3: Designing and Building (Review and preparation tips)
Tips and examples covering data processing systems design skills, data structures, and database skills that could be tested on the exam.
- Designing data processing systems
- Designing flexible data representations
- Designing data pipelines
- Designing data processing infrastructure
- Build and maintain data structures and databases
- Building and maintaining flexible data representations
- Building and maintaining pipelines
- Building and maintaining processing infrastructure
Module 4: Analyzing and Modeling (Review and preparation tips)
Tips and examples covering data analysis, analysis and optimization of business processes, and machine learning skills that could be tested on the exam.
- Analyze data and enable machine learning
- Analyzing data
- Machine learning
- Machine learning model deployment
- Model business processes for analysis and optimization
- Mapping business requirements to data representations
- Optimizing data representations, data infrastructure performance and cost
Module 5: Reliability, Policy, and Security (Review and preparation tips)
Tips and examples covering reliability, policies, security, and compliance skills that could be tested on the exam.
- Design for reliability
- Performing quality control
- Assessing, troubleshooting, and improving data representation and data processing infrastructure
- Recovering data
- Visualize data and advocate policy
- Building (or selecting) data visualization and reporting tools
- Advocating policies and publishing data and reports
- Design for security and compliance
- Designing secure data infrastructure and processes
- Designing for legal compliance
Module 6: Resources and next steps
Resources for learning more about identified subjects that could be tested on the exam.
- Resources for learning more about designing data processing systems, data structures, and databases
- Resources for learning more about data analysis, machine learning, business process analysis, and optimization
- Resources for learning more about data visualiztion and policy Resources for learning more about reliability design
- Resources for learning more about business process analysis and optimization
Resources for learning more about reliability, policies, security, and compliance
- Cloud information security analysts, architects, and engineers
- Information security/cybersecurity specialists
- Cloud infrastructure architects
- Developers of cloud applications