Explore how to retrieve data using SQL SELECT statements including arithmetic expressions, NULL values, column aliases, and literal strings. You will also learn how to deal with duplicate rows.
- Use the basic SELECT statements
- Recognize the rules and guidelines for constructing valid SQL statements in SQL Developer and SQL*Plus
- Describe and use the arithmetic expressions in SQL
- Apply the standard order of precedence in SQL arithmetic expressions
- Identify how NULL values are defined in SQL and how they affect arithmetic expression outcomes
- Define column aliases in the SELECT list
- "use the concatenation operator to create a character expression in the SQL statement output"
- Use literal character strings in a SELECT statement
- Describe when to use the WHERE clause
- Eliminate duplicate rows from SQL statement output using the DISTINCT qualifier
- Display the structure of a table using the SQL*Plus DESCRIBE command
- Select data from different tables, describe tables, perform arithmetic calculations, and specify column names using aliases