Every year, workplace fires and explosions kill and injure people, and destroy many businesses. In this course, you'll gain an understanding of the elements required for a fire to start and learn ways to prevent fires in the workplace. You'll learn how to respond, including how to evacuate the premises, if there's a fire in your workplace. You'll also learn how to select and use a fire extinguisher. This course was developed with subject matter support provided by New Level Safety Limited, a professional services company specializing in corporate health and safety management. Please note, the course materials and content were current with the laws and regulations at the time of the last expert review, however, they may not reflect the most current legal developments. Nothing herein, or in the course materials, shall be construed as professional advice as to any particular situation with respect to compliance with legal statutes or requirements.
- Identify characteristics of fire
- Recognize ways to prevent workplace fires
- Identify how to respond to fire emergencies
- Recognize requirements for evacuating work premises in case of fire
- Recognize how to select and use a fire extinguisher