Address Contested Issues with the Latest Best Practices and Case Law
Discovery in insurance bad faith cases is highly involved and can quickly become thorny. Knowing what protections can be raised and how they can be bypassed is crucial to getting the evidence you need - or keeping it out of opposing counsel's hands. In this program, seasoned faculty will teach you strategies for handling contested issues in bad faith discovery. From claims files, institutional discovery, depositions of claim representatives and more, get the skills you need to win the discovery fight and take your case one step closer to a good outcome. Register today!
- Learn strategies for protecting privileged communications or documents from discovery.
- Get adjusters prepared to answer difficult questions when they're in the deposition hot-seat.
- Explore how courts are currently addressing contested issues in bad faith discovery.
- Gain tips and tools for dealing with discovery disputes or abuse by opposing counsel.
Session time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Eliot M. Harris
- Attorney-Client Privilege, Waiver and Work Product Challenges
- Expert Witness Discovery Problems
- Adjuster Deposition Pitfalls
- Eliminating Headaches When Gathering Documents
- Top-Down Discovery in Insurance Bad Faith Cases
- Discovery Regarding Other Claims
- Significant Case Law
- Troubleshooting Discovery Disputes (and Abuse)
This program is designed for attorneys. Insurance professionals and paralegals may also benefit.