Social Media Subpoenas, Smartphone Subpoenas, Out-of-State Discovery and More
Knowing how to issue or answer subpoenas is an essential skill for any attorney. However, things can quickly get complicated - especially when you're dealing with out-of-state subpoenas and unreasonable or uncooperative parties. In this program, seasoned faculty will show you how to secure discovery from non-parties or respond to subpoenas. Then, you will build on that knowledge by exploring how to subpoena specific records, deal with out-of-state subpoenas, and resolve disputes. Enhance your knowledge and skills - order today!
- Review compliance best practices and tools available to responding parties.
- Learn how to overcome obstacles in getting data from social media and phone companies.
- Discover how to secure discovery from third parties in UIDDA and non-UIDDA states.
- Find out how to enforce subpoenas and appeal unfavorable court orders to get the evidence you need.
1:00 pm to 4:15 pm Eastern Standard Time
1:00 - 2:30, Ashleigh Iszard
- Drafting/Issuing and Responding to Subpoenas
- Statutes and Rules Governing Subpoenas
- Types of Subpoenas
- Drafting, Issuing and Serving Subpoenas
- Responding to/Complying with Subpoenas
- Objecting to Subpoenas: Relevance and Privilege Issues
- Motion to Quash or Limit; Motion for Protective Order
- Managing Costs
- Subpoenaing Email, Social Media and Phone Records
- How to Subpoena Email Records
- Subpoenaing Records From Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.
- Subpoenaing Records From Phone Companies
- Working Around Stored Communications Act Issues
- Case Law Review
- Tips for Subpoenaing Other Specific Records (Financial, Medical, etc.)
- Sample Subpoenas
2:45 - 4:15, Rachel Platt
- Issuing and Serving Out-of-State Subpoenas
- The Uniform Interstate Depositions and Discovery Act
- Serving a Subpoena Through the UIDDA
- Securing Discovery From Third Parties in Non-UIDDA States
- Getting Evidence From Third-Party Witnesses/Custodians Abroad
- Handling Discovery Disputes and Enforcing Subpoenas
- Resolving the Dispute Without Court Intervention
- Compelling Discovery
- Filing a Motion for Sanctions
- Seeking Issuance and Execution of Arrest Warrants
- Appealing Decisions
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals will also benefit.