This three-day instructor-led course is aimed at database professionals who manage Business Intelligence (BI) operations. This course looks at various options that provide the ability of business users to analyze data and share their findings, starting with managed BI data sources and expanding to personal and external/public data sources.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
· Describe key features of a self-service BI solution
· Describe the key capabilities of SQL Server BI in a SharePoint environment
· Describe common Analysis Services operational tasks
· Describe PowerPivot for SharePoint server
· Describe Power Query
· Describe Windows Azure HDInsight
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server BI Solution This module introduces key features of a self-service BI solution.
· Overview of self-service BI
· Considerations of self-service BI
· Microsoft tools for self-service BI
· Lab : Exploring an enterprise BI solution
Module 2: SQL Server BI Features with Microsoft SharePoint
· This module describes the key capabilities of SQL Server BI in a SharePoint environment.
· Capabilities of Power BI with SharePoint
· SharePoint with analysis services
· SharePoint with reporting services
· Deploying SQL server BI in a SharePoint environment
· Lab : Design a SQL Server BI infrastructure
Module 3: Operating Analysis Services
· This module describes common analysis services operational tasks.
· Configuring an analysis services server
· Tuning an analysis services server
· Analysis services security
· Analysis services high availability and disaster recovery
· Lab : Configuring analysis services
Module 4: Supporting Analysis Services
· This module introduces PowerPivot for SharePoint servers
· Testing analysis services cubes
· Tuning analysis services
· Maintaining analysis services
· Lab : Supporting Analysis Services
Module 5: Operate and Support Reporting services
· This module introduces users to Power Query. They will use this more in subsequent modules.
· Installing a native mode report server
· Installing reporting services with SharePoint
· Reporting services with Microsoft Azure virtual machines
· Reporting services errors
· Lab : Installing reporting services
Module 6: Share PowerPivot Workbooks in SharePoint Server
· This module introduces PowerPivot for SharePoint.
· PowerPivot for SharePoint
· Install and configure PowerPivot for SharePoint
· Lab : Install PowerPivot for SharePoint
Module 7: Operate and Support Power BI
· This module introduces Windows Azure HDInsight.
· Power BI desktop
· Mobile Power BI
· Lab : Using Power BI
Office Policy: In fairness to all participants, anyone arriving more than 30 minutes late will be rescheduled for another class date.
Cancellation Policy: No Shows: If you are registered for a class and do not attend and fail to contact our office to cancel or reschedule, a fee equivalent to your daily rate will be applied.
Rescheduling: Productivity Point reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any training course.Should we reschedule a course, a full credit will be applied to the rescheduled course. Productivity Point cannot assume responsibility for any other costs to the student (i.e.non-refundable airline tickets). Class credits are redeemable for up to 1 years.
Cancellations: There is no charge for cancellations that are made Ten (10) or more business days prior to the scheduled training date. Cancellations that are made nine (9) business days or less of the scheduled training date are considered “late cancellations” and the full price of the class will be charged.All training cancelled within 10 or more business days' notice will have a credit on account in the full amount of purchase. This credit can be applied to any Productivity Point products or services for up to 1 year from the date of original transaction. There are no refunds.