In this course, you'll learn how to use Word 2019 to create and edit simple documents; format documents; add tables and lists; add design elements and layout options; and proof documents. Microsoft® Word 2019 is designed to help you move smoothly throughCOURSE OBJECTIVES:
In this course, you will learn fundamental Word skills.
Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
Format text and paragraphs.
Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
Create and format tables.
Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
Getting Started with Word 2019
- Topic A: Navigate in Microsoft Word
- Topic B: Create and Save Word Documents
- Topic C: Manage Your Workspace
- Topic D: Edit Documents
- Topic E: Preview and Print Documents
- Topic F: Customize the Word Environment
Formatting Text and Paragraphs
- Topic A: Apply Character Formatting
- Topic B: Control Paragraph Layout
- Topic C: Align Text Using Tabs
- Topic D: Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
- Topic E: Apply Borders and Shading
Working More Efficiently
- Topic A: Make Repetitive Edits
- Topic B: Apply Repetitive Formatting
- Topic C: Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
- Topic A: Sort a List
- Topic B: Format a List
- Topic A: Insert a Table
- Topic B: Modify a Table
- Topic C: Format a Table
- Topic D: Convert Text to a Table
Inserting Graphic Objects
- Topic A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Topic B: Add Images to a Document
Controlling Page Appearance
- Topic A: Apply a Page Border and Color
- Topic B: Add Headers and Footers
- Topic C: Control Page Layout
- Topic D: Add a Watermark
Preparing to Publish a Document
- Topic A: Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
- Topic B: Use Research Tools
- Topic C: Check Accessibility
- Topic D: Save a Document to Other Formats
This course is intended for students who want to learn basic Word 2019 skills, such as creating, editing, and formatting documents; inserting simple tables and creating lists; and employing a variety of techniques for improving the appearance and accuracy of document content.