This course is also available in the On-Demand delivery format with Developing Solutions with IBM Decision Server Insights V8.8 (ZB399G). This option does not require any travel.
In this course, you learn about the main features of the Decision Server Insights component of IBM Operational Decision Manager Advanced V8.8.
Decision Server Insights enables real-time, in-memory, rule-based, event-driven, and analytical decision making. You experience how to use analytics, time-based reasoning, and location-based reasoning to build a real-world solution that detects and responds to business situations. You also learn the key capabilities of the multi-agent architecture of Decision Server Insights by developing several agents that are bound to a single entity for different purposes.
This course focuses on solution development, deployment, testing, and administration. You learn how to implement the business logic that detects business situations and uses situational context to decide and take the next best action.
The course begins with an overview of the programming model for Decision Server Insights and the architecture for the Decision Server Insights runtime environment. You learn how to design a Decision Server Insights solution, model the business entities and events that you care about, and implement the business logic. You work with a realistic test client to test the behavior of your implementation after deployment.
The course also covers administration topics, including installation, configuration of the Decision Server Insights reference topology, solution deployment in a grid environment, and grid administration.
- Decision Server Insights programming model and architecture
- Design and create a Decision Server Insights solution
- Define the business model for the events, entities, and concepts that are relevant to your domain
- Use global aggregates for calculations across all events or a population of entities
- Implement business logic with rule agents and rules to detect and respond to business situations
- Deploy solutions to the Insight Server runtime and test runtime behavior
- Decision Server Insights integration capabilities
- Course introduction
- WebSphere product family overview
- WebSphere Application Server architecture - stand-alone
- WebSphere Application Server architecture - federated
- IBM Installation Manager
- WebSphere Application Server installation
- Web server installation
- Exercise: Installing IBM Installation Manager
- Exercise: Installing WebSphere Application Server
- Exercise: Installing IBM HTTP Server
- WebSphere Application Server administrative console
- Exercise: Exploring the administrative console
- Introduction to the PlantsByWebSphere application
- Application assembly
- Exercise: Assembling an application
- Application installation
- Exercise: Installing an application
- Problem determination
- Exercise: Problem determination
- Introduction to wsadmin and scripting
- Exercise: Using wsadmin
- Federating a cell
- Exercise: Creating a federated cell
- Workload management
- Exercise: Clustering and workload management
- Introduction to WebSphere Messaging
- Exercise: Configuring the service integration bus
- Job manager and Centralized Installation Manager
- Demonstration: Using the job manager
- Overview of Intelligent Management
- WebSphere security
- Exercise: Configuring WebSphere security
- Exercise: Configuring application security
- Exercise: Configuring SSL for WebSphere
- Overview of the Liberty profile
- Exercise: Working with the Liberty profile
- Performance monitoring
- Exercise: Using the performance monitoring tools
- WebSphere Batch
- Course summary
This course is designed for developers.