Great stories can move mountains. The best storytellers have the power to persuade people to get behind an idea and give it their total support. Yet the ability to relay a story that people can connect with, are persuaded by and feel passionately about is a rare skill. This seminar will show you how to craft engaging and motivating stories that can spark commitment and passion throughout your organization—and grow your professional influence. Get ready to create your most inspiring messages and convey them with true conviction.
How You Will Benefit
- Use compelling stories to appeal to listeners’ emotions and drive your points home
- Relay information in an experiential manner for greater impact and understanding
- Make a more powerful impression in meetings and presentations
- Win over, influence and gain the trust of clients, customers and colleagues
- Engage listeners with stories that naturally lead them to reach the conclusions you want them to reach
What You Will Cover
- Developing the mental agility to alternate between objective (facts) and subjective (storytelling)
- Building a bridge of trust with your listeners to carry your facts, proof and benefit messages
- Learning six kinds of stories: who I am, why I am here, my vision, my values-in-action, teaching and I know what you're thinking
- Practicing the six principles of how to construct a story: developmental logic, oral language, intention, imagery, participation vs. control and point of view
- Developing, testing and telling stories that suit the situation
Receive a complimentary copy of the audio CD, Tell Me a Story, on the six kinds of stories identified during your seminar.
Business professionals at all levels, including salespeople, marketers and anyone looking for an innovative and fresh way to stimulate and engage others, in order to get the outcomes they want.Cancellation:
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy. For Classroom, Live Online and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee. Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return or refund. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Please call us if you have any questions